Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Basketball

In my younger days basketball was my life. Literally would play 8 times a week at various parks and gyms. I played so much I would wear a hole in the bottom of my shoes in about a month to 6 weeks.

Just ask my mom for verification.

I quit a long time ago because it was a rough lifestyle for me.

Now, both my sons love basketball. They are playing in Y leagues this winter, first year for Josh, Nick has been playing for a few seasons.

I have assistant coached Nick's team the past couple of seasons but this year I am head coaching both of their teams. Challenging but fun.

I also got lassoed in to playing in the adult league this year. First time I have played in a league in 20 years at least....seriously. I'm wondering what part of this body is going to break down first. This game is hard on the knees, ankles and back.

A few of us are also organizing and coaching a few new teams in the Deland area. The school district is doing budget cuts and eliminating middle school and much of the high school sports programs. So we are working to put an organization in place for the kids.

What a blessing to be able to share life in this way with my sons. Truly Abba's grace in my life.

I'm blessed...sore, but blessed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maumau told me about your bold comeback to the hardwood, lol. Good luck with it. I'm in a league here at school. You would't believe the talent some of these guys have. D1 talent for sure. I'm putting up around 8 a game which isnt too shabby coming off the bench. Tell the boys i said good luck! You too. (You might need a lil more luck then they do at this point so if you wanna steal some of theirs its fine with me, lol) Love you all.

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home