Monday, December 01, 2008

The Problem with Grace

The gospel of the grace of God awakens an intense longing in human souls and an equally intense resentment, because the truth that it reveals is not palatable or easy to swallow. There is a certain pride in people that causes them to give and give, but to come and accept a gift is another thing. I will give my life to martyrdom; I will dedicate my life to service- I will do anything. But do not humiliate me to level of the most hell-deserving sinner and tell me that all I have to do is accept the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ. –Oswald Chambers

I have heard it said that the door to the manger was small and low to the ground and only those who got on their knees were able to enter in.

I tell you the truth, the whores and the crooks are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you. -Jesus

2 Comments:

Blogger Lew said...

you really need more shame content, brah. how are you gonna get control and milk folks for money if you keep this up?

wanna borrow my benny hinn wig? try swinging your jacket at people... worked for elisha...

12:25 PM  
Blogger Mike Rea said...

swinging my jacket eh...hmm might work.

tried the Todd Bentley leg drop.. bloodied the ladies nose, bruised my hip, and the folks ain't been back since.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home