Monday, March 23, 2009

How Un-Godly

Been thinking a lot about the reality of being of friend of Jesus lately. In Revelations He says,
"I stand at the door and knock and if anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me."


I am sure most have heard the teaching of what it means in Jewish culture to welcome a person into your house and eat and share a meal. It's not taken lightly and means that we are now deep close personal friends.

I think what blows me away the most about this verse is how vulnerable and meek Jesus appears.

To think,
the One whom about the psalmist writes, "who is man that you are mindful of him?"
The One in who's presence Moses removed his sandals
the One who holds the universe in the palm of His hand
the One who created the universe in said hand
Alpha
Omega
creator of time itself
The one whom Job asks but one simple question and and gets a flood of questions in response that makes ya feel smaller than a gnat.
the one who created the gnat.
The one who down thru the centuries men and women have tried to
figure out,
rationalize away,
study
worship.
The one whom one day every knee will bow and every tongue confess that He is indeed Lord,
stands at my door and knocks as if to ask,
"will you be my friend?"

In the words of another friend when I was talking about this very thing,
How un-Godly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home