Saturday, March 21, 2009

One

Over the past couple of months my sons have been exposed to U2. They think it is pretty awesome that they can find some of their old stuff in my cd collection.

Bout every time we get in the car we're jamming to "Rattle and Hum" or "Achtung Baby" or something of the sort...stuff we used to listen to when we were close to their age. We're cruising with Edge playing some amazing guitar riffs and Bono belting out the deep lyrics.
It's Great!!
Some of their lyrics are more Jesus centered than much of what I hear on the Christian radio station. The lyrics make for great conversations well at least until my boys start inching up the volume to drown me out...

I've been contemplating the meaning of the song "One". I have only heard it about 40 times in the past month. It seems to be about body life and the unfortunate reality often found in religious systems. At one point Bono sings:

You say
Love is a temple
Love a higher law
Love is a temple
Love the higher law
You ask me to enter
But then you make me crawl...
What a great description of the trappings of religion.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home