Saturday, September 27, 2008

At Home in Papa (part 3)

Making our home in Jesus sounds awesome but how is it lived out in the day to day?

I think there is a renewing of our mind that is helpful in getting us to the place of abiding.

First is to stay in the truth. Jesus says abide in the truth and the truth will set you free. The whores and drunks had no problem with this challenge they knew who they were and everyone else did as well. That's why it was so easy for them to rush into the kingdom. For most people the truth about themselves or the situation they are in isn't that easy because they have an image to maintain.

Second is to stay in the present. In Matthew 6 Jesus is telling his disciples not to worry about food, clothing, etc. Actually I love the message translation here because Jesus says, "Relax..."
He says basically stay in the moment because you can't do anything about tomorrow and today has enough mess of it's own to deal with . In Luke 8 when he gives the parable of sewing seeds he says basically the same thing, "the worries and cares of the world choke out the plant..." I know from my own life I often get in the weeds when I focus on the worries of the things around me and what may happen tomorrow or next week or next year. The reason the future is such a stumbling block is simply because God is not there. He is in the present. "I Am". He is a God of the present the here and now. Everything we worry about in the future the things that may happen. Well He isn't there yet. He will be when it is time. He knows about it.

If I follow today, then tomorrow, and so on. A month, year, 10 years from now I will be exactly where He wants me.

Finally, simple obedience to King Jesus. Following the way of love, mercy forgiveness, grace, and truth. I have seen more people get free of inner conflict:
guilt
shame
anger
etc,
when they simply forgive someone who has wronged them. The weight is lifted the conflict gone and the peace of Christ comes rushing in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home