Tuesday, July 15, 2008

New Found Friends


We were incredibly blessed this past week to have Wayne Jacobsen spend a few days here with us. We scheduled a couple of small gatherings and one larger speaking engagement which were all fruitful in numerous ways but in between all of it he and I got plenty of time to talk about the reality of living loved. Simply put, there are many things that have been stirring in my heart for a long time...years really, and they got formed up and started to make sense. But not only that I also saw it lived out in front of my eyes...at least for the few days we were together. The time was encouraging and freeing and I am sure this is only the beginning of a deeper walk of trust in Father that I don't begin to understand.

I can't begin to express my deep appreciation for Wayne's writings and the time we spent together.

As it happens, or as Father planned it, we also met Shirley. She just happened to be in Florida on holiday(she lives in the Netherlands) and heard Wayne was going to be in the area so she contacted us. She met Wayne just a few weeks ago in Germany. Anyway, she came to visit and we (especially Kim) felt an instant connection with her and she ended up coming to stay in our home for the rest of the week.

Maybe possibly there is a trip to the Netherlands in the Rea family's future? That would be good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Mike, where did you meet these beauty's. haha!!!!

My time with your family is still working through in my life. in a good way!!!
I would love to show you around in my little country, spent time with you again.

Liefs (love) Shirley.

ps. Love the mountains in your picture. But I would like to see your face. You have such beautiful eyes, if I may say.

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home