Monday, July 28, 2008

More Tales from the Bookstore

People say the darnedest things. It seems that time at the store is never short of the odd comments requests and statements. Below are some of my favorites to date. Not all were said to me but some were said to Hans over the years and are too good to keep to myself.

We have had requests for the "Homes and Christian Translation" should be "Holman Christian" as well as the "New International King James Version" which I guess is some confused hybrid.

A few years back a lady came in and said, "I need to get a bible and start reading it." When asked why she responded, "I have just been voted in as an elder in my church."

And our all time favorite...a person came in looking for the Vines Expository Dictionary but instead asked for the "Vines Suppository Dictionary"....ouch!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike Rea said...

Oh yea, I forgot another of my favorites:

A person came in to the store and asked for the book, "The prayer of Jezebel".

got to luv it!

11:38 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

LOL - people just don't know what they're lookin' for do they - it's a great thing that Father sent His Son to seek and save the lost!

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home