Monday, June 09, 2008

Church and The Shack

These excerpts from the book "The Shack" set off an amazing time of conversation and prayer with the church last night.

"Most birds were created to fly. Being grounded for them is a limitation within their ability to fly, not the other way around....You, on the other hand, were created to be loved. So for you to live as if you were unloved is a limitation, not the other way around....Jesus is fully human. Although he is also fully God, he has never drawn upon his nature as God to do anything. He has only lived out of his relationship with me, living in the very same manner that I desire to be in relationship with every human being. He is just the first to believe in my love and goodness without regard for appearance or consequence....A bird's not defined by being grounded but by his ability to fly. Remember this, humans are not defined by their limitations, but by the intentions I have for them; not by what they seem to be, but by everything it means to be created in my image."
I highly recommend this book. It is fiction but it has more truth in it than many non-fiction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home